Wednesday, October 13, 2010

Top Twenty Horror Films Presented to Final Girl - 18 Days till Halloween

Over at Final Girl, Stacie Ponder is currently counting down a reader generated list of favorite horror films as part of her Shocktober shenanigans. That list contains 732 unique movie titles. Crazy! Fantastic! Fantazy!

Your humble blogger submitted his top twenty of course, and is anxiously awaiting to see where they line up. Thus far, I've only seen one of my twenty pop up, that being EVIL DEAD TRAP. I'm always asked to name my top films, and more specifically my top horror films. When I submitted my last a few weeks ago they happen to be (in no particular order):

  • John Carpenter's Halloween
  • John Carpenter's The Thing
  • The Haunting
  • Nosferatu
  • Nightmare on Elm Street 3
  • Ringu
  • Ju-On: The Grudge
  • Evil Dead Trap
  • Mr. Vampire
  • Tobe Hooper's Texas Chainsaw Massacre
  • George A. Romero's Dawn of The Dead
  • Alien
  • Evil Dead II
  • Silence of the Lambs
  • Friday The 13: The Final Chapter
  • Zombi 2
  • David Cronenberg's The Fly
  • The Descent
  • Suspiria
  • Bay of Blood

I'm a little irked that I didn't put THE EXORCIST on here, but I'll make up for that on October 17th. Be sure to come back in a few days for a special dedication to THE EXORCIST.

What are your top horror films at the moment? Don't think to much, just start typing and the goods will float to the top naturally like a body that hasn't been properly weighted with a ballast.

18 days till Halloween...

1 comments:

Sarah Harris said...

Good list so far. Exorcist definitely has to go up there. I thought the Fly was such a scary movie, and I'm glad it's been added. And even though it's a little cheesy, I have always liked Scream. Can't wait to see more on the list.

Midnight on Twitter and Facebook